AN IMPORTANT NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION FOR 2012:
Happy 2012! As we begin a new year you may be considering New Year’s resolutions. It’s a great time to think about making changes to your routine that will benefit the environment.
In this video, Fran Metzger, the Recycling Coordinator for New Jersey’s Monmouth County, provides us with some simple tips for how to make greener choices when shopping at the grocery store. 2012 - a good year to start making a difference!
Fran’s handy tips include:
- Look for items in minimal packaging
- Avoid items that have excess packaging
- Avoid Single Serving packages as much as possible
- Look for items that are packaged in materials you can recycle in your community
- Reuse packaging where possible
- Bring reusable shopping bags with you to the store